Re: Future of PDAL in Debian

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 10:14:40AM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
If someone steps up to maintain the pdal package instead of me, the packages currently using it can keep doing so.

Howard has exhausted my tolerance with his combative attitude, that might be fine toward non-contributor corporate entities, but definitely not toward unpaid volunteers. I'm done with him and his software.

If others are willing to put up with it, go and take over the maintenance of the pdal package. If no one is willing or able to take over the pdal package, it will be removed from Debian as described above.

Thanks for the clarification, I was not aware of the problems at personal
level. It is always a pity that attitudes preveal on technical aspects.