Re: lerc_3.0+ds-1~exp1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into experimental, experimental

On 12/8/21 11:07, Antonio Valentino wrote:
finally liblerc landed to experimental.
The build logs seems to be in line with what we expected, i.e. all LE architectures seems to build without problems.

If I understand correctly now I should update the "SymbolsHelper-Confirmed" line in the d/liblerc3.symbol file adding all architectures that built successfully. Correct?

pkgkde-symbolshelper does that for you, it uses the
SymbolsHelper-Confirmed comment to keep track which architecture it has processed symbols for.

The process I use to update symbols with pkgkde-symbolshelper is:

 # Get buildlogs
 pkgkde-getbuildlogs

 # Update symbols file
 pkgkde-symbolshelper batchpatch \
   -v <upstreamversion> \
   <sourcepkg>_<distribution>_logs/*

 # Check changes
 git diff

 # Remove missing symbols
 sed -i '/^#MISSING: .*/d' debian/*symbols

 # Commit changes
 dch <-i|-a> "Update symbols for other architectures"
 debcommit -a

This differs a little from the procedure in the docs:

 https://qt-kde-team.pages.debian.net/symbolfiles.html

After that, in principle, the package can be uploaded to unstable.

Correct.

Because C++ symbols tend to change when the compiler or glibc change, it's possible that the build for unstable has further symbols changes for amd64 due to the compiler/glibc changes since it was initially built for experimental.

If that's the case you need to update the symbols again:

 # Update symbols for amd64
 pkgkde-symbolshelper batchpatch \
   -v <upstreamversion> \
   -a amd64 \
../$(dpkg-parsechangelog -S Source)_$(dpkg-parsechangelog -S Version | sed 's/^[0-9]*://')_amd64.build

 # Check changes
 git diff

 # Remove missing symbols
 sed -i '/^#MISSING: .*/d' debian/*symbols

 # Commit changes
 git commit -m "Update symbols for amd64." -a
 git rebase -i HEAD~3
 # Place update commit before finalize changelog commit