Using optional components in packages

Hi!

The current osmium-tool and osmcoastline packages support LZ4-encoded
PBF blocks when the liblz4-dev package is available at build time. This
can be useful because LZ4 (de)compression is much faster than the
default zlib compression. I suggest adding liblz4-dev as build
dependency to those packages. You can call "osmium version" or
"./src/osmcoastline --version", respectively, to see whether lz4 is
compiled in.

Maybe we also want to add liblz4-dev as a suggested dependency for the
libosmium2-dev package.

The osm2pgsql package is currently built with Lua support, but not built
with LuaJIT support. We recently did some tests and use of LuaJIT can
speed up osm2pgsql imports by as much as 2 hours (on an 12 hour planet
import). Having this on by default would probably help a lot of
osm2pgsql users. LuaJIT is mostly compatible with plain Lua, the stuff
where it is not (http://luajit.org/status.html) are rather esoteric
cases. I don't see any problem for our use case here.

The biggest problem might be that LuaJIT is not available on all
architectures, but as far as I can see it is available on all the major
ones supported by Debian.

To enable LuaJIT, the osm2pgsql package needs a build dependency on
libluajit-5.1-dev and add the option "-DWITH_LUAJIT=ON" to the cmake
command line.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688