PySAL 2.2.0

On 1/28/20 8:07 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> PySAL 2.1.0 has been out for a while, but is was blocked by requiring
> sklearn >= 0.21.0.
>
> The test suite is still an issue. There are a few geopandas related
> failures, and the test suite tends to hang with many defunct python
> processes.
>
> I'm going to disable the tests for the time being, so we can close the
> RC bug. Someone who actually uses PySAL or cares about it needs to get
> involved. It's future in Debian is is looking somewhat bleak.

PySAL 2.2.0 has been released, and it split out a lot of code into
separate libraries. These will all need to be packaged to enable the
updated of the pysal package to 2.2.0.

I am not going to do that, as I don't use PySAL.

Someone who cares about PySAL will need to do the packaging work, or
pysal will be removed from Debian.