Re: Reducing lintian messages on mod_tile

On 7/20/19 9:29 PM, borissh1983@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, 19 July 2019 10:32:39 IDT Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> 0001-Use-libjs-openlayers-to-solve-privacy-preach-lintian.patch
>>
>> Instead of requiring javascript-common to expose openlayers via HTTP,
>> you can add a symlink to it in usr/share/libapache2-mod-tile and modify
>> the HTML to use a relative link. This will make it work without
>> javascript-common as well as work locally.
>>
>> To fix the privacy-breach-generic it may be better to include a copy of
>> OpenStreetMap.js in the package which will need to be updated when it
>> changes on osm.org.
>>

> Thank you for your review, I thought actually dropping that bit fully  -
> because I do not see any reason why to have an "updated" interface from
> upstream if package is done with a finite version.

Because the openlayers package won't ever be updated to a new upstream
release because OpenLayers 2 is EOL upstream for quite a while, and
OpenLayers 3 and later are too painful to package due to its Node.js
dependency chain, this is a good reason to use updated layers from osm.org.

Your patch makes it so that you cannot switch layers to compare the
local tiles to the osm.org ones, because you break the Mapnik layer:

 layerMapnik = new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM.Mapnik("Mapnik");
 map.addLayer(layerMapnik);

If you really want to fix the privacy-breach instead of just adding an
override, include the OpenStreetMap.js file in the package.