Re: GDAL 2.4.0

On 12/22/18 11:59 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> The virtual ABI dependency has been updated to gdal-abi-2-4-0, so a
> transition will be required. If everything goes well we should be able
> to get it into buster before the transition freeze.

The transition is almost done, only vtk7 & saga aren't built everywhere yet.

Unless failing autopkgtests of many of the python-numpy reverse
dependencies get fixed somehow, we're unlikely to get the packages
involved in the transition into testing before to soft freeze. With the
age delay 41 days from now, that gets us to February 14th, two days
after the soft freeze. We may still get the packages into testing before
the full freeze on March 12th if they aren't (auto)removed from testing
due to unfixed RC bugs in the packages themselves or their dependencies.