Re: Migration from Alioth to Salsa

On 2018-02-13 14:14, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 06:05:07PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
On 12/26/2017 11:08 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Regarding the website, and specifically the team policy, we may be able
> to use GitLab pages for that in the future, but according to the Salsa
> beta announcement more work is needed to support those in the future.
> More teams use the Alioth webspace, so a common solution is likely to
> surface in the near future.

I've experimental with GitLab pages, initially using a branch in the
website repository, but that creates a website under:

 https://debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net/website/

To not need the website path in the URL as separate repository has been
created named specifically for GitLab pages:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net

The content of the public directory is published via:

 https://debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net/

What needs to be done to get Gitlab pages at all and this shortcut
specifically?  I'd love to do this for Debian Med as well.

Create a repository with the pages domain name as the repository name, as mentioned above.

In your case that would be:

 https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/med-team.pages.debian.net

Then configure a .gitlab-ci.yml to deploy the public directory in the repository.

All the Debian GIS repository are configured to use debian/.gitlab-ci.yml instead of the default .gitlab-ci.yml (in the root of the repository), this avoids triggering the CI for upstream projects that include a .gitlab-ci.yml in their source (e.g. postgis & librttopo). This is why the debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net repository has the CI config in the debian directory instead of the repo root like the Perl team has.

PS. I've made you Owner of the debian-gis-team since you were an Admin on Alioth, so I'm not the single point of failure.