Re: Migration from Alioth to Salsa

On 12/26/2017 11:08 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Regarding the website, and specifically the team policy, we may be able
> to use GitLab pages for that in the future, but according to the Salsa
> beta announcement more work is needed to support those in the future.
> More teams use the Alioth webspace, so a common solution is likely to
> surface in the near future.

I've experimental with GitLab pages, initially using a branch in the
website repository, but that creates a website under:

 https://debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net/website/

To not need the website path in the URL as separate repository has been
created named specifically for GitLab pages:

 https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net

The content of the public directory is published via:

 https://debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net/

The website and policy have been updated for Salsa in this repository,
the website repository will remain unchanged for historic purposes.

Unfortunately the SSL certificate for pages.debian.net doesn't support
subdomains yet [0], so you get a nasty warning about this. Later this
month Let's Encrypt should start supporting subdomains, so hopefully
this issue will be solved soon. Until then the Debian GIS website will
remain at https://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Host_project_web_pages