Re: Membership of the debian-gis-team on Salsa (Was: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta)

On 05/05/2018 10:06 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
>> I am registered on salsa.debian.org as 'martinl'. I would like to
>> become a member of the Debian GIS team. Thanks, Ma
>
> sorry for ignorance, but what is current status of migration?

All the git repositories are now on Salsa, the team website and as well
and now use GitLab Pages.

To quote my messages from the 'Migration from Alioth to Salsa' thread:

"
 All the repositories on Alioth have been locked, they don't accept
 pushes any more, and show a message that the repository has been moved
 to Salsa.

 Please update your working copies by changing the origin URL:

  git remote set-url origin \
  https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/<package>.git

  git remote set-url --push origin \
  git@salsa.debian.org:debian-gis-team/<package>.git

 Instead of <package> you can use $(basename $(pwd)) if working copy
 directory matches the repository name.
"
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2018/03/msg00016.html

"
 The Vcs-* fields in pretty much all packages have been updated, but no
 uploads have been done so far.

 For packages in (old)(old)stable the Vcs-* fields won't be updated, and
 the redirect for anonscm.debian.org to salsa.debian.org should take
 care of most usage (all HTTP requests). The PR for the AliothRewriter
 has not been merged at time of writing yet:

  https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/merge_requests/247

 All git:// & git+ssh:// URLs need to be changed manually.
"
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2018/03/msg00017.html

The PR for the AliothRewriter has been merged, HTTP requests get
redirected now:

 $ HEAD -USe https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/grass.git \
 | egrep "301|Location"
 301 Moved Permanently
 Location: https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/grass

> $ debcheckout --user <username> --git-track '*' grass
>
> ends with
>
> $ git remote -v
> origin    https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/grass.git (fetch)
> origin    git+ssh://martinl-guest@git.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/grass.git (push)

debcheckout uses the Vcs-* fields in the source packages from the
archive, and most packages have not been uploaded yet.

git fetch should still work because it uses HTTP, it will just warn
about the redirect which is a hint that you need to update your remote.

> And
>
> $ git push
>
> fails with
>
> remote: ==========================================================================
> remote: This repository has been moved to salsa.debian.org:
> remote: https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/grass.git
> remote: ==========================================================================
> To git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/grass.git
>  ! [remote rejected]   debian/7.4.1_rc1-1_exp1 ->
> debian/7.4.1_rc1-1_exp1 (pre-receive hook declined)
>  ! [remote rejected]   ubuntugis/7.4.1_rc1-1_exp1.xenial1 ->
> ubuntugis/7.4.1_rc1-1_exp1.xenial1 (pre-receive hook declined)
>  ! [remote rejected]   upstream/7.4.1_rc1 -> upstream/7.4.1_rc1
> (pre-receive hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'git+ssh://martinl-guest@git.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/grass.git'

See my first quote above.