GDAL 2.2.3

GDAL 2.2.3 has been released, but we cannot start preparing the
transition until GRASS 7.4.0 has been released and moved from
experimental to unstable.

The most recent gdal upload still hasn't migrated to testing (after one
month) due to the mariadb-10.1 mess, but that should finally be fixed
starting today. So gdal, grass, and the many other reverse dependencies
of mariadb-10.1 should finally migrate to testing in about two days.

We need this fix in testing before we can think about the gdal transition.

Hopefully the GRASS 7.4.0 final release is soon, so that we can make
room in experimental for libgdal-grass (2.3.0) where it will reside
until we get the go-ahead for the transition.