Re: Debian GIS packages in stretch

On 2017-02-07 14:24, Jochen Topf wrote:
On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 09:28:30PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
 * The new osmium family (protozero, libosmium, osmium-tool,
   osmcoastline & pyosmium), thanks to excellent collaboration with
   Jochem Topf

Thanks Sebastiaan. Always a pleasure to work with you!

How are we handling versioning in the future? Does it make sense for me
to keep a branch with essential bugfixes only based on the current
version so that Debian stable can get those bugfixes?

Only changes for bugs of severity important and higher are eligible for stable updates, so only those kind of bugfixes will benefit from such a branch.

I'll continue to provide backports of the packages mostly for new features in osmium-tool & pyosmium in which the lower severity bugfixes will also be included.

If cherry-picking from master is not an option for stable update bugfixes a dedicated maintenance branch is helpful.