Re: OpenStreetMap tile rendering stack in debian-gis

On 01/18/2017 09:30 PM, Richard Kunzmann wrote:
> Hello Kai,

AFAIK Kai is not involved in OSM packaging any more.

> on the web page „SWITCH2OSM“ I found under „Serving Tiles“ your description
> including a full packet to set up a local tile server. This is exactly what I am
>   looking for. Unfortunately it is Ubuntu only. I also read about several
> comments, that it is not so easy to have the same packet available in Debian
> Jessie.
>
> Now, most of the articles are from 2013. Has it changed in the meantime?
> It would be really nice if your packet to build a tile server can be made
> available on Debian

Initial work on packaging mod_tile was started in the Debian GIS git
repository, but the project is not very active making it not a great
choice for inclusion in Debian stable releases.

Instructions for a tileserver on Debian jessie are available in the wiki:

 https://wiki.debian.org/OSM/tileserver/jessie

But that is also somewhat outdated.

Help maintaining tileserver packages in Debian and the documentation by
people actually running tileservers is greatly appreciated.