Re: GEOS PHP bindings

On 08/30/16 10:55, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Some time ago you requested the PHP bindings to be enabled as part of
the geos package build in #761467. PHP support was added because of that.

In the mean time PHP 7 has been released, and because SWIG still lacks
support for PHP 7 the PHP bindings in the geos package have been
disabled and aren't likely to be re-enabled before the stretch freeze.

Are you still interested in PHP support for GEOS? And if so, would you
like to help maintain the PHP bindings for GEOS which have been split
off into its project? [0]

I have no personal need for PHP support in GEOS, and am not aware of any
projects that require it other than geoPHP for Drupal which is not
packaged in Debian. So I'm hesitant to package the GEOS PHP bindings
unless someone steps up to help maintain the php-geos package.

[0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2016-August/007546.html

Initial packaging is available on Alioth:

 https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/php-geos.git

I'm still looking for a co-maintainer before I consider uploading it to the archive.