Re: OSSIM plugins packaging (Was: OTB)

On 05/28/2016 07:39 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 05/28/2016 04:42 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> Initial packaging for ossim-plugins is now available on Alioth:
>>
>>  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/ossim-plugins.git
>
> Most of the plugins have now also been enabled.

The cmake patch has been updated to include the CMakeModules for the
dependencies specific to ossim-plugins, making the patches to use
pkg-config for these obsolete.

This also made the OpenJPEG plugin build successfully (with OpenJPEG
2.1), so the openjpeg plugin has been enabled too.

> The GDAL plugin fails to build because it lacks support for GDAL 2.x.

The build failure has been fixed upstream, and the patch included in the
package. With an additional patch to detect GeoTIFF independent from
GDAL the OSSIM GDAL plugin now builds successfully too, and has been
enabled too.

> The PDAL plugin fails to build because Rialto is not available for the
> Debian builds.

I'd still like to enable the PDAL plugin, but in addition to Rialto it
also requires LASzip, and we will never have that in Debian as long as
the license issue with the FastAC code is not resolved. So despite
having PDAL in Debian, we won't be able to enable this plugin for the
time being.