Re: license file

On 2016-03-29 11:01, Martin Landa wrote:

Or the code in question should handle the absence of this file gracefully as
`gui/wxpython/gui_core/ghelp.py` does for `GPL.TXT`.

ah, I overlooked this file

find /usr/lib/grass70 -name GPL*
/usr/lib/grass70/GPL.TXT

QGIS was affected by a similar issue, that was solved by symlinking the
GPL-2 text (from /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2) to
`/usr/share/qgis/doc/LICENSE`, we can do that for GRASS too.

So the correct approach is to create a link from
/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2, right? If so I can fix the related
code (wxGUI, grass.py) before releasing 7.0.4. Martin

Installing the symlink instead of a copy of the license file is preferable.

That should also remove the need to add a lintian override for the extra-license-file issue.

/usr/lib/grass70/GPL.TXT is already a symlink to /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2 (see debian/grass-core.links{,.in})

/usr/lib/grass70/etc/license does not include the full license text, it's just the license header (see lib/init/license.txt), so replacing this with a symlink to the GPL-2 file is not appropriate.

Dropping the removal from the rules file and adding an override for the lintian issue should be the way to go to resolve this issue after all.