Re: repacking ossim source code in git.

Hello Bas,

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 06-01-16 18:21, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
> Following this blog[1], I can import upstream sources with the below
> gbp.conf. But I don't know if I still needs the "ds" or "dfsg" prefix in
> the changelog

The +ds suffix is still required, because we still repack the upstream
tarball to have only the subdirectory for ossim-core.

> I need to know if this change is acceptable. There is currently an upstream
> branch named upstream/1.8.20.3+ds and upstream/1.8.20.3 . The latter was
> created with above gbp.conf

The filter option duplicates functionality provided by uscan +
Files-Excluded in the copyright file. Let's stick to uscan for now.

So I can remove filter option and pick up on required files from ossim_package_support/cmake/CMakeModules/ and then use uscan.

I can add ossim_package_support/* in Files-Excluded and then in the Files section. And can I list a few files from ossim_package_support/cmake/CMakeModules/. ?

All I need is FindGEOS.cmake (because cmake still doesn't provide it), OssimUtilities, OssimMacros, OssimVersion. Only these are mandatory. Other Find* are optional. in case cmake or the corresponding project does not provide them.

Should I delete and recreate the branch upstream/1.8.20.3+ds. I tried to delete and it says cannot find branch upstream/1.8.20.3+ds. I will check it tomorrow.

Last point,
The patch to ossim/CMakeLists.txt seems inappropriate to me. Do we need to provide both static and shared in the single package ?

Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

--
Regards,
   Rashad