Re: repacking ossim source code in git.

On 06-01-16 09:49, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
> 1. remove cmake patch.
> 2. copy ossim/ossim_package_support/cmake/CMakeModules to
> ossim/ossim/CMakeModules when make +ds source
>
> I am not sure how the +ds source is created. I need some help for this.

The upstream tarball is repacked by upstream using the repacksuffix
option configured in debian/watch and the Files-Excluded list in
debian/copyright.

Removing ossim_package_support/* from Files-Excluded may be sufficient
to not need the patch any more. Because the repackaging is changed, the
watch file needs to be updated to use an incremented repacksuffix (+ds1).

There is a lot of irrelevant content under ossim_package_support/ that
we still want to keep excluding, if only to not need license & copyright
review for all these. Since we cannot configure "all, except" paths in
Files-Excluded, it's probably better to document the need and procedure
to update the the cmake patch with the latest CMakeModules from the
upstream tarball in debian/README.source.

Because the cmake patch combines the addition of the ossim/CMakeModules
directory with changes to ossim/src/ossim/CMakeLists.txt, we should
probably split the CMakeModules off into their own patch which can then
be updated with the CMakeModules from the tarball without the risk of
losing the CMakeLists.txt changes. We can split the cmake patch into
'cmake-modules.patch' & 'static-lib.patch' to have their names better
reflect the content.