Re: New Version of osm-gps-map nearly ready

Hi Ross,

On 25-11-15 23:27, Ross Gammon wrote:
> I have nearly finished a new upstream version of osmgpsmap (just
> pushed). I have run out of steam for today, but I thought I would
> push it anyway in case you would like to do (have time/energy to
> do) a quick review.
>
> Tomorrow I will do a test install, and do a final check of the
> packaging.
>
> It will need to go into experimental as there was a SONAME bump &
> there is at least one reverse dependency to check.

I don't expect breakage from the SONAME bump, only symbols added. As
long as none of the reverse dependencies rely on the removed YAHOO
sources. gnuais only uses the OPENSTREETMAP source, so that looks good.

codesearch found an embedded copy of osm-gps-maps in darktable, it may
be worthwhile to file a whishlist bug requesting to switch to the
packaged library (if it actually uses the sources it includes).

Since the package will have to pass NEW because of the SONAME bump,
additional renames are not an extra pain. Consider dropping the
SOVERSION from the -dev & -dbg packages again to no need renames of
these every SONAME bump. gnuais build depends on
libosmgpsmap-1.0-0-dev, so it will need a change before it can be
built with the new version also, might as well change to just
libosmgpsmap-1.0-dev.

The removal of m4/gtk-doc.m4 by debian/clean is annoying in
combination with git-buildpackage. The removal may not be required
when using plain autoconf, so consider switching to dh-autoreconf
because gnome-common is deprecated too:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeCommon/Migration

Enabling parallel builds with dh $@ --parallel is a good idea too if
it doesn't break too many things.