Re: Update to Osmium packages

On 18-08-15 15:45, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 18-08-15 14:04, Jochen Topf wrote:
>> I have just released new versions of libosmium, pyosmium, osmium-tool, and
>> osmcoastline. The largest difference is that libosmium now uses a different
>> pbf library which is included in the repository. This means the protobuf
>> and osmpbf dependencies are gone.
>
> I've updated the libosmium package accordingly, but it cannot be built
> in unstable currently because gdal has not been rebuilt for the libdap
> GCC 5 transition yet. Those transitions ongoing so I'll upload the
> packages as soon as possible.

The gdal transition has started, so I've also uploaded the new osmium
packages.

The addition of protozero not causes build failures on the big endian
architectures because it doesn't support them:

In file included from /«PKGBUILDDIR»/include/protozero/pbf_reader.hpp:29:0,
                 from /«PKGBUILDDIR»/include/protozero/pbf_message.hpp:15,
                 from
/«PKGBUILDDIR»/include/osmium/io/detail/pbf_input_format.hpp:52,
                 from /«PKGBUILDDIR»/include/osmium/io/pbf_input.hpp:46,
                 from /«PKGBUILDDIR»/include/osmium/io/any_input.hpp:48,
                 from /«PKGBUILDDIR»/examples/osmium_convert.cpp:12:
/«PKGBUILDDIR»/include/protozero/varint.hpp:20:3: error: #error "This
code only works on little endian machines."
 # error "This code only works on little endian machines."
   ^

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libosmium&suite=sid

If this cannot be resolved, we need to limited the list of architectures
and request removal of the osmium packages from the big endian
architectures.