Re: Moving python-shapely from collab-maint to the Debian GIS team

On 18-08-15 21:49, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 18-08-15 21:33, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> Pietro has agreed before to move this package to Debian GIS.
>> "
>> May I proceed with this step? Shall I just change the "Maintainer"
>> field to Debian GIS Project <pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>>  and add myself as an uploader, or are there others steps I should
>> take? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I don't have any experience
>> with teams."
>
> Right, I forgot about your earlier thread.
>
> I've added toobaz-guest to pkg-grass on Alioth, so welcome to the team
> Pietro!
>
> To not break existing Vcs-Git link, I prefer to create a new
> python-shapely repository under /git/pkg-grass/ as documented in the
> team policy:
>
> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-repository-on-alioth
>
>  ssh git.debian.org
>  cd /git/pkg-grass
>  ./setup-repository python-shapely 'Packaging of python-shapely in Debian'
>
> You can then switch the origin remote in your local git repository to
> pkg-grass/python-shapely.git:
>
>  git remote set-url origin
> git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/python-shapely.git
>  git remote set-url --push origin
> ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/python-shapely.git
>
> After updating the remote push your local branches and have them track
> the new origin repository:
>
>  git push origin --all --set-upstream && git push --tags

Once the packaging from collab-maint is available in the new pkg-grass
repository, the packaging needs to be updated to reflect that.

Change the Vcs-* URLs to pkg-grass as documented in the policy, along
with the Maintainer & Uploaders changes:

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/policy.html#debian-control

 Maintainer: Debian GIS Project <pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
 Uploaders: Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it>

 Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/python-shapely.git/
 Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-grass/python-shapely.git