Re: SpatiaLite 4.3.0 and the wider spatialite family

On 06/20/2015 05:16 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> A few days ago spatialite & spatialite-tools 4.3.0-RC0 were released
> along with spatialite-gui 2.0.0-devel and its librasterlite2 1.0.0-devel
> dependency.
>
> Both spatialite & spatialite-tools 4.3.0~rc0 have been uploaded to
> experimental, but because spatialite has to pass NEW first
> spatialite-tools cannot be built yet.

SpatialLite 4.3.0-RC1 was released yesterday, and I've just uploaded the
related packages:

 spatialite       (4.3.0~rc1-1~exp1)
 spatialite-tools (4.3.0~rc1-1~exp1)
 spatialite-gui   (2.0.0~devel1-1~exp1)
 librasterlite2   (1.0.0~rc0+devel-1~exp1)

spatialite-gui won't be buildable on the other architectures until
librasterlite2 passes NEW, hopefully that won't be long.

https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/librasterlite2_1.0.0~rc0+devel-1~exp1.html

> On 05/29/2015 07:33 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 05/23/2015 02:15 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> Because of the spatialite_init() issue reported #785091 and discussed
>>> elsewhere [1][2][3][4], I'd like to start the spatialite transition as
>>> soon as possible but there are a number of prerequisites to be met first:
>>>
>>>  * Transition from GDAL 1.10.1 to 1.11.2 [...]
>>
>> There has been no feedback from the Release Team about the gdal
>> transition yet. Keep an eye on #756867 for progress.
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/756867
>
> We're ready for the gdal transition, but the mapnik 3 FTBFS issues are
> blocking it.

This is still an issue, and we'll also need to deal with python-mapnik
as a separate package (#790043).

>>> While I prefer to first do the spatialite transition because of its
>>> limited scope, having to wait for the final release and passing NEW
>>> again won't make that likely. After patching the SONAME issue in
>>> spatialite 4.2.1~rc1 I'll get the gdal transition moving again.
>
> I don't expect any new issues with the Spatialite 4.3.0 changes since
> 4.2.1, but I'll do new round of rebuilds to verify this.
>
> It looks like we'll be ready for the spatialite transition soon after
> the final 4.3.0 release.

With the gdal transition being blocked by the uncoordinated mapnik
transition, we may be able to do the spatialite transition first
(depending mostly on the final librasterlite2 & spatialite-gui releases).

But first I still need to do a new round of rebuilds with spatialite
4.3.0~rc1.