HDF4

Hi all,

I've spent some time trying to update HDF4 a while ago, and I am
picking it up again now.

I've basically changed the packaging a lot so we now can use quilt for
patches that apply to both versions of the library, so the build
system is now a lot less weird than it used to be.

I'm still wondering what I should do with the documentation. That is
currenltly packaged as uuencoded files in the debian dir.
I was wondering what I should do:
* update the files and add them to debian/copyright
* remove the files and so remove the hdf4-docs package

The documentation can be downloaded at:
https://www.hdfgroup.org/release4/doc/index.html

There are still a lot of lintian issues in the package, but rather
than trying to fixing all of them now I think it is better to upload
the current package rather fast (to experimental, hdf4 tends to fail
on at least one architecture):   I have some more drastic changes in
mind which may be a better time to cover the remaining errors:
currently the package builds to versions of the hdf4 library: one with
netcdf support (an ancient version) and one without (libhdf-alt).
Since we have netcdf in a different package, I think we could do with
just a version without netcdf: packages which need netcdf can link to
the netcdf package. This is the same way hdf4 is packaged in fedora.

Kind Regards,
Johan