Re: sfcgal package for postgis and others

Sebastiaan Couwenberg schrieb am Mittwoch, den 10. Juni um 16:31 Uhr:

> Filing the ITP bug and including the bugnumber in the changelog will get
> rid of the itp-bug lintian issues.

OK. BUt Currently wnpp Bug reports are broken.

> You should include a manpage for sfcgal-config

OK, added a manpage for sfcgal-config and viewer-SFCGAL

> > Upstream sources sfcgal_1.1.0.orig.tar.gz can be obtained from:
> > https://github.com/Oslandia/SFCGAL/archive/v1.1.0.tar.gz
> >
> > Arguably one should rather use git master for the package instead of
> > v1.1.0
>
> Yes, using master and the other branches as used by git-buildpackage by
> default is highly recommended. Deviating from the git-buildpackage default
> should only be done for very good reasons. The recommended repository
> layout is documented in the Debian GIS Policy:
>
> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/repositories.html#git-repository

Hm. I'm afraid I do not understand this. I did use the aproach
documented on your website. I'm refering to upstream master at github
which is currently several commits ahead of v1.1.0.

> Please join the Debian GIS team on Alioth if you are not a member yet,
> this will give you access to the git repositories on Alioth where you
> should move your repository too.

OK, I generated an account and filled a request to join the debian-gis
team.

Sven

P.S.:

I tried to build a postgis package (2.1.7) with sfcgal support but this
did not work yet :(  "select postgis_sfcgal_version()" does not work
despite the fact, that the library has been linked in:

 ~/ # ldd /usr/lib/postgresql/9.4/lib/postgis-2.1.so |grep -i sfcgal
	libSFCGAL.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSFCGAL.so.1 (0x00007f36f875b000)

--
Exploits and holes are a now a necessary protection against large
corporate interests. (Alan Cox)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web