Re: Switching QLandkarteGT to Qt5

Od: Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl>

Triggered by the Qt4 announcement [1] I've looked into switching the
qlandkartegt package to Qt5. Upstream pointed out existing Qt5 support
[2] available via a CMake option, which I've started to use in the
Debian package. The switch to Qt5 resulted in some patches which I've
improved in collaboration with upstream.

Earlier today I've uploaded qlandkartegt 1.8.1+ds-1~bpo8+1 to
jessie-backports based on the current version in testing and unstable.
The Qt5 dependencies are available in jessie too, so the qlandkartegt
backport will most likely be switched to Qt5 too.

I'll first upload qlandkartegt with the Qt5 changes to experimental to
allow more testing. I suspect some more small fixes will be needed to
polish the Qt5 port before the upload to unstable.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/05/msg00001.html
[2] http://sourceforge.net/p/qlandkartegt/mailman/message/34076016/

Great work Sebastiaan!

regards