Re: Next up: pyosmium

On 04/03/2015 03:34 PM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 10:00:16PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>
>> I've updated the pyosmium package to use the pybuild build system, it
>> now builds and installs the Python module for both versions.
>
> Looks good.
>
> What is the policy regarding package descriptions in control files? The current
> description is somewhat misleading, because it mostly describes abilities of
> the underlying libosmium that are not all available in pyosmium. Shall I change
> the description?

Policy sections 3.4 & 5.6.13 document the description requirements:

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-descriptions
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Description

The Developers Reference further documents some best practices:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-debian-control

Please go ahead with your description changes.

>> For now it ignores the documentation which looks like a work in progress.
>
> Yes. We'll probably finish that in a week or two. We can wait with the release
> till then. I'll ping you when that's done.
>
>> Will the documentation remain separate from the python builds?
>
> Probably. I'll ask Sarah about it.

I think the packaging is mostly ready, so we'll only need to add
building & installing the documentation when that's ready upstream.