Re: OGC XML schemas and the DFSG

Hi Johan,

On 02/13/2015 02:29 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> My proposal would be writing a mail to debian-devel discussing the issue.
> The same problem actually also affects W3C standards. A number of packages
> in main now ships these files.

I'm joining the thread The OSGeo standards list and have included this
list in the CC to bring the rest of the team into the loop.

After we get the dialog going we can bring -devel, -legal and/or
ftpmaster into it too, with the latter being the most important in my
opinion.

It's a good thing that this issue is now more broadly discussed in the
OSGeo community, hopefully we can actively work to resolve it in the
short term.

I've also been thinking about raising this issue at the upcoming DebConf
in Heidelberg.

 GPG Key ID: 4096R/E88D4AF1