OGC XML schemas and the DFSG

Hi all ,

In the past there has been some discussion on the inclusion of OGC schema's in Debian. Carl Reed (CTO of OGC) is joining this discussion.

 http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OGC-XML-schemas-and-FOSS4G-software-distribution-td5186023.html

It would be very valuable if we could propose a license which is compatible with both DFSG and the concerns of OGC (namespace, ...).

My proposal would be writing a mail to debian-devel discussing the issue. The same problem actually also affects W3C standards. A number of packages in main now ships these files.

Still at work now - but wanted to inform everyone already.

Regards,
Johan