Re: Uploading debian-gis 0.0.3

On 10/27/2014 07:29 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Bas,
>
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 09:47:57PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> Can you upload the metapackage for the Debian GIS Blend?
>
> Yes. Done.

Thanks for the upload and clarifications.

>> I assume they need to migrate to jessie before the freeeze too, so the
>> new version must be uploaded tomorrow at the latest.
>
> If I counted correctly it is a bit late to migrate directly to Jessie
> specifically since it needs migration via new due to an added
> metapackage.  However, your assumption that there is no other chance is
> wrong since typically we recreate metapackages in deep freeze time again
> and coordinate with release team since in freeze time some packages
> might be kicked (hopefully not) and thus the metapackages need to be
> adapted to reflect the state of the package pool correctly.
>
> In case the just uploaded version 0.0.3 might miss the Freeze date
> (which I expect) I would contact debian-release to enable manual
> migration even if we have the additional chance mentioned above.

Good to know that post freeze updates to Blend tasks are not uncommon,
so I expect less resistance from the Release Team with that in mind.

And with the recent praises of the ftp-master NEW processing I doubt it
will be there long.

> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.

 GPG Key ID: 4096R/E88D4AF1