Re: OTB packaging

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 02:37:07PM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 06/10/2014 12:44, Andreas Tille ha scritto:
>
> > The pathces are originally created using
> >
> > quilt edit <filename>
> >
> > Somehow the upstream file seems to have changed in a way that the
> > patch can not be applied.  What I usually do is to strip the
> > failed hunk of a patch manually, than
> >
> > quilt push quilt refresh quilt edit <filename_with_failed_hunk>
> >
> > and than verify whether the patch needs modification or simply
> > became unneeded since upstream might have adopted it.
>
> Sorry, I must say I'm lost. I do not know which file to `quilt edit`.
>
> quilt applied
> returns:
> No series file found

Strange.

> If someone is able to give me a hint, I'm willing to proceed.
> All the best, and sorry for bothering.
> ===
> dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building otb using existing ./otb_4.2.1.orig.tar.gz
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainImagesClassifier.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainKNN.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainNeuralNetwork.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainBoost.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainSVM.cxx
> patching file
> Applications/Classification/otbClassificationMapRegularization.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbFusionOfClassifications.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainDecisionTree.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainGradientBoostedTree.cxx
> patching file Applications/Rasterization/otbRasterization.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbImageClassifier.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainLibSVM.cxx
> patching file Applications/Classification/otbTrainRandomForests.cxx
> patching file Applications/DisparityMap/otbBlockMatching.cxx
> patching file Applications/DisparityMap/otbDisparityMapToElevationMap.cxx
> patching file Applications/DisparityMap/otbStereoFramework.cxx
> patching file Applications/Hyperspectral/otbHyperspectralUnmixing.cxx
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 97 (offset -3 lines).
> patching file Applications/FeatureExtraction/otbLineSegmentDetection.cxx
> patching file Applications/FeatureExtraction/otbSFSTextureExtraction.cxx
> patching file Applications/Utils/otbColorMapping.cxx
> patching file Applications/Utils/otbMultiResolutionPyramid.cxx
> patching file
> Applications/ChangeDetection/otbMultivariateAlterationDetector.cxx
> patching file
> Applications/DisparityMap/otbStereoRectificationGridGenerator.cxx
> patching file
> Applications/FeatureExtraction/otbHaralickTextureExtraction.cxx
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 90 (offset -2 lines).
> patching file
> Applications/FeatureExtraction/otbHomologousPointsExtraction.cxx
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 146.

you need to seek for this file in debian/patches/spelling.patch
and delete the second hunk ... and so on.

> Hunk #3 succeeded at 178 (offset 16 lines).
> 1 out of 3 hunks FAILED
> patching file Applications/Projections/otbGridBasedImageResampling.cxx
> patching file Applications/Projections/otbOrthoRectification.cxx
> patching file Applications/Projections/otbRefineSensorModel.cxx
> patching file Applications/Projections/otbRigidTransformResample.cxx
> patching file Applications/Projections/otbSuperimpose.cxx
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 102.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED
> patching file Applications/Projections/otbVectorDataReprojection.cxx
> patching file Applications/Radiometry/otbOpticalCalibration.cxx
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 101.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 123.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 140.
> 3 out of 3 hunks FAILED
> patching file
> Applications/Segmentation/otbConnectedComponentSegmentation.cxx
> patching file Applications/Segmentation/otbLSMSSegmentation.cxx
> patching file Applications/Segmentation/otbSegmentation.cxx
> patching file Applications/Utils/otbDownloadSRTMTiles.cxx
> patching file Applications/Utils/otbReadImageInfo.cxx
> patching file RELEASE_NOTES.txt
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 1775 (offset 102 lines).
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 2112 (offset 102 lines).
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 2196 (offset 102 lines).
> Hunk #4 succeeded at 2204 (offset 102 lines).
> patching file Applications/Projections/otbGenerateRPCSensorModel.cxx
> dpkg-source: info: the patch has fuzz which is not allowed, or is
> malformed
> dpkg-source: info: if patch 'spelling.patch' is correctly applied by
> quilt, use 'quilt refresh' to update it
> dpkg-source: error: LC_ALL=C patch -t -F 0 -N -p1 -u -V never -g0 -E
> - -b -B .pc/spelling.patch/ --reject-file=- <
> otb.orig.tXLcrK/debian/patches/spelling.patch gave error exit status 1
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i -I -b otb gave error exit

BTW, I'm just noticing that it is just the spelling patch you are
fighting with.  You can very simply deactivating by commenting it in
debian/patches/series (just add a '#' on the beginning of the line).

Seems we have more urgent work to do than fixing upstream spelling.  I
think I did this in the workshop in Montpellier just to demonstrate
quilt patches.  It would be way more effective if you simply forward
this upstream.  Once its fixed in their Git repository we can forget it
here anyway.

Hope this helps

      Andreas.

--