Re: GDAL/OGR 1.11.0

Hi Bas,

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 08:30:39AM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 09/07/2014 07:16 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> > The libgdal1h C++ symbols files now use an alternative dependency
> > template to depend on the upstream version specific virtual package
> > provided by libgdal1h. This change was suggested by the Release Team to
> > better track dependencies on the unstable C++ ABI. See:
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=756867#40
>
> The alternative dependency is not as helpful as I had hoped. Since we've
> not received feedback from the release team, and the transition hasn't
> been confirmed, I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen in time for
> jessie anymore.

If the release team just has not answered (for whatever reason) I'd
rather ping again (is there an according thread on
debian-release@l.d.o?).  As far as I understood no *new* transition
should be done but I'd consider this as an *ongoing* transition.

Please let me know if I somehow can help here

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de