Re: Please be verbose whether you would like to get your Blend promoted by tasksel

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 08/26/2014 01:27 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> I think it should be also a criterion that the team behind the Blend
>> confirms that they are interested and so I'm hereby pinging all lists in
>> question to ask you for confirmation.
>
> I second the inclusion of Debian GIS tasks, as I would love for the
> Debian GIS tasks to be installable via d-i.

I've not installed debian for a long time, so what are the implications?
That during the installation one can choose to install a "GIS
desktop". I think this makes sense for desktop but less for servers:
would choosing GIS server mean that you install mapserver, mapnik,
geoserver (suppose it is packaged), ... ? I think in reality one would
rather install only one server package.