Re: [netCDF #NHW-215043]: New Release for netcdf?

On 08/20/2014 06:38 PM, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry for the delayed response; I was out of the office
> yesterday.  I'm hoping to put out a 4.3.3 release candidate by the
> end of the week.  Assuming no issues are discovered, I'd expect a
> full release within the following week or two.  Similarly, for
> netcdf-fortran, I'm hoping to have the 4.4.1 release out next week
> as nobody has reported any issues based on the release candidate I
> put out a couple of weeks ago.
>
> I mention this because, starting with release 4.2, the netcdf C and
> Fortran interfaces were split out into two separate libraries.
>
> 4.3.3 is going to be a bug-fix release; no major changes over 4.3.2
> have been introduced, but the list of issues addressed can be found
> here:
>
> https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md
>
> I hope this information is helpful; have a great day,
>
> -Ward

[...]

> Ticket Details =================== Ticket ID: NHW-215043
> Department: Support netCDF Priority: Normal Status: Closed

Hi Ward,

That is great news. Thanks for the prompt and informative reply.

I had picked up that C++ & Fortran might have been separated out when
doing my investigations yesterday - and that confirms it.

This is going to be a large update for Debian, as there are so many
other packages in Debian that depend on netcdf, and they all need to
be tested that they still work with the latest version. But I will
start working with 4.3.2 & switch to 4.3.3 when it is ready.

Regards,

Ross