Re: Status of netcdf

On 08/12/2014 09:34 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since a bug (with patch) against netcdf (#757884) affects a Debian
> Med package (minc, #716119) I had a quick look what I coudl do for
> netcdf. I realised that it is lagging behind upstream several
> versions and has several open bugs (some of them hanging around
> with available patch).
>
> Since I have no idea what might be the most sensible course of
> action I wonder what the plans with this package might be.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Andreas.

Hi Andreas,

I just took a look at netcdf to see if I could help, and there are a few
things to check up on and fix! There are a lot of reverse dependencies
that would need to be checked with any update (partially edited list
below - not from unstable).

Looking at git, there have been some imports of newer versions, and some
work in separate branches by Nico & Alistair, and of course Gilles'
recent NMU for hdf5 to incorporate.

But like you, it would be difficult for me to start on netcdf without
knowing what the plans were from Nico, Alistair or Frankie.

Regards,

Ross

libnetcdf-dev
Reverse Depends: