Re: Status of GDAL

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:21:46PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> > Il 15/07/2014 12:06, Francesco P. Lovergine ha scritto:
> >
> >> Due to approaching of freezing and the stop to new transitions (less
> than two
> >> months from now) I would suggest to move GDAL to 1.11 in main, just to
> >> avoid having certainly yet another old package in jessie as too often
> >> usual.
> >> Thoughts?

>From my GIS-naive point of view I'd also be for some more agressive push
of our low popcon packages.  May be it makes sense to work with fake-RC
bugs to make sure packages will not move to fast from unstable to
testing as some intermediate means.

> > from an user point of view it's a +1: several important new features in
> > 1.11, not to
> > be missed.
> > thanks for this.
>
> I would like to get GDAL 1.11 ready for jessie, but I'm a bit short on
> time to fully dedicted my time to it.

I could provide the usual sponsoring to help finalising the migration (even
if I'm wondering how long your DM-process is lasting ...)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de