Re: Orfeo and Ossim

On 03/03/2014 01:00 PM, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> Some good news on the Ossim and OTB side. I think we could start to see how
> much the packages proposed by Julien are in good shape, and having some
> experimental package in reasonable times now.

>From the OSGeo-Live crowd I also heard about the updated OSSIM packages
in the UbuntuGIS PPA and its recommended use to update OSSIM in Debian,
good news indeed.

AFAIK, we need to get Markus Wanners work on 1.8.16 from January into
git, as OSSIM still lives in Subversion at the moment. And we can merge
these recent changes on top of that.

Markus said his work on OSSIM was one-time effort only because it was
blocking the OSG transition. So I guess I will volunteer to migrate
OSSIM from SVN to Git and merge the UbuntuGIS changes, unless somebody
beats me to it.