Re: OpenStreetMap Software

Hi!

On Fr, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:03:01 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 04:26:34PM +0100, Jochen Topf wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I maintain several Open Source software projects related to OpenStreeMap and
> > use some more. As a long term Debian user I want to help get my software and
> > other OSM software into Debian. I am somewhat familiar with creating Debian
> > packages but never understood all the intricacies of producing proper packages
> > and getting those packages into the distribution.
>
> Here you can find all the OSM packages inside Debian (hopefully nothing
> is missing)
>
>    http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/osm
>
> It would be great.  Since you are interested I wonder whether you can provide
> some helping hand with mkgmap
>
>    https://bugs.debian.org/580170
>
> We have real trouble to get the dependencies packaged and every help would
> be really appreciated.

I am trying to understand you setup and workflow here. I don't understand how
you are managing the debian packages/builds.

I looked at that bug report. Found the svn link in it. Found the link to the
new gis repos (git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-grass/mkgmap.git) in the svn. Now
what is this gis repos? A clone of the upstream svn?

If I type "ant" in that repository in builds without problems (on "testing").
So does the upstream svn version. What am I doing wrong that I don't see any
problems? :-)

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298