Re: OpenStreetMap Software

Hi Jochen,

I fully subscribe the answer of Bas and have some additional hints.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 04:26:34PM +0100, Jochen Topf wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I maintain several Open Source software projects related to OpenStreeMap and
> use some more. As a long term Debian user I want to help get my software and
> other OSM software into Debian. I am somewhat familiar with creating Debian
> packages but never understood all the intricacies of producing proper packages
> and getting those packages into the distribution.

Here you can find all the OSM packages inside Debian (hopefully nothing
is missing)

   http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/osm

It would be great.  Since you are interested I wonder whether you can provide
some helping hand with mkgmap

   https://bugs.debian.org/580170

We have real trouble to get the dependencies packaged and every help would
be really appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks for your interest in Debian GIS

   Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de