Re: pg_comparator updated to new upstream version

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 01/12/2014 09:54 PM, Ivan Minčík wrote:
> Also I would like to ask, what is the best work flow for placing Git tags
> (for example debian/2.2.2-1) when asking a sponsor to upload. Should I
> create tag, or it should be done by sponsor before he really uploads a
> package ?

That is a very good question. We currently mostly tag before uploading
the package, but ideally the tag is set by the uploader. Once the
package it uploaded, the tag shouldn't change.Before upload changes can
still be added and the tag updated, but this can be confusing for forks
which have the tag still at the old commit.

In the pkg-perl team the policy is to mark a package ready for upload by
changing the distribution from UNRELEASED to unstable. After upload the
sponsor tags the release in git.

from me +1 for this work flow.

I think this is a good model, but  may
be too demanding of our sponsors, which aren't as many as in pkg-perl.

Whatever we decide, we should document it in the Debian GIS Policy :)

GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)