Re: License compatibility between OGC works and Debian

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 01:46:01AM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully this is the right contact for this kind of legal question. If
> not, can you tell me whom I should contact instead?

debian-legal list which could possibly advice on it. But consider that
ftp-masters have the final word on the archive content.

In general, even all documents about standards such as IEEE ones
are considered non-free, that's the reason to have manpages-posix
in non-free. My own suggeston is trying splitting the non-free part
in a separate package if possible. Being arch:all it could be easily
maintained in non-free without problems due to missing auto-builders.
(see the geotiff EPSG case).