Re: Packaging java gis software for ubuntu/debian

Hi Francesco,

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 05:05:17PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> Until today most of the problems come from the bad attitude of java devs
> about license issues and management of dependencies. Most of the time
> they simply collect all stuff within a jar blob and go.

That's surely true but in Debian we have no better (policy compliant)
clue than to unbundle their blobs into Java libraries with source.
Since the initial question was about JAI I said that this work in this
specific case is done but does not really help and upstream should be
told to seek for alternatives.  I personally can not imaginge that if
the Java source code does not build with OpenJDK 7 the JAR will remain
functional in future JDK releases.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--