Bug#731402: transition: spatialite
Dear Release Team,
For the Debian GIS team I'd like to request a transition slot for the
SpatiaLite transition. The upgrade from spatialite 3.1.0~rc2 to 4.1.1
involves a SONAME bump from libspatialite.so.3 to libspatialite.so.5.
Several packages in the SpatiaLite family and related Gaia-SINS software
are updated to support the new libspatialite. This includes
librasterlite, a former dependency of spatialite-gui, which is updated from
librasterlite1 (1.1~svn11) to librasterlite2 (1.1g). A seperate
transition slot will be requested for librasterlite.
The SpatiaLite packages were updated in experimental to 4.0.0 some time
ago but this effort was stalled. The packages FTBFS on several
architectures due to improper sqlite3 linking. These problems have been
adressed in the 4.1.1 packages.
The following packages were updated for the SpatiaLite transition:
1) libgaiagraphics (0.5-1) available in experimental
2) freexl (1.0.0f-2) available in unstable
3) readosm (1.0.0b+dfsg1-2) available in unstable
4) spatialite (4.1.1-4) available in experimental
5) librasterlite (1.1g-2) available in experimental
6) spatialite-tools (4.1.1-1) available in experimental
7) spatialite-gui (1.7.1-1) available in experimental
8) pyspatialite (3.0.1-3) available in experimental
The spatialite transition affects the following source packages:
1) gdal (build OK)
2) merkaartor (build OK)
3) librasterlite (build OK)
4) spatialite-gui (build OK) requires libgaiagraphics (0.5)
5) spatialite-tools (build OK)
6) pyspatialite (build OK)
7) qgis (build OK) requires fixed OpenSceneGraph packages
Only BinNMUs are required for gdal, merkaartor and qgis. The other
packages can be copied from experimental.
The gdal package has its own transition from 1.9.x to 1.10.x in the queue,
and is tracked in #712688.
Rebuilding qgis is currently not possible because libopenscenegraph99 is
uninstabable due to the libav transition. The openscenegraph transition
is tracked in #729289.
More information about the changes made for the spatialite transition,
see the thread on debian-gis@ starting at:
For the spatialite transition the following Ben file is suggested:
title = "libspatialite5";
is_affected = .build-depends ~ "libspatialite-dev";
is_good = .depends ~ "libspatialite5";
is_bad = .depends ~ "libspatialite3";