Using "Priority: optional" in Debian GIS packages

Hi,

as far as I know there is no written policy for Debian GIS as I know
this from Debian Med which should be probably fixed in the not so far
future.  I'd recommend to use the Debian Med policy from [1] as template
and adapt what needs to be changed.  This was done at some point in time
when Debian Med adapted from Debian Perl team ... which might another
valuable template as well.

The actual point I want to make when I was just sponsering librasterlite
is, that Bas has set "Priority: extra" which is IMHO not a good idea at
all and thus we have some explicit statement about the priority to
choose[2].  If there are no good reasons I'd (strongly) recommend to
settle with "Priority: optional" in all Debian GIS packages.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/community/website/docs
[2] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#policy

--
http://fam-tille.de