GDAL transition

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Francesco P. Lovergine
<frankie@debian.org> wrote:

> Well done! In a few I will be back from my major tasks and can follow
> the other urgent transition, i.e. gdal which also requires an ok
> from RMs because its general impacts on many rdeps.

Is the version on experimental the version you intend to upload to unstable?
Is there anything useful we can still do to help this update?
Do all depending packages just need to be rebuild without changes to
the sourcecode?

I'm actually thinking about ubuntu (and derived projects such as osgeo
live dvd): their next release is a "LTS" release, so it would be nice
if the new gdal could make it there. I could file a sync request from
experimental but I only want to do that if it is the same version that
the one which will go into sid.

Johan