Re: MapServer 6.2 / 6.4 installation on Debian 7

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 03:25:05PM +0100, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> So 6.2 would be the minimum I would like to try.

OK.

> DebianGIS seems not to be active if one looks at the wiki:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis/StateOfTheMap
>
> Last change in 2010.

Well, I personally also would like to see DebianGIS more active and thus
I dived a bit into it - basically by helping maintainers getting their
packages sponsored via an effort I call Sponsering of Blends[1]

> Is there more information for Debian 7 users that like to install
> MapServer 6.2 or 6.4?

Well, I did not tested but a version of 6.4.0 is in testing as you can
see here[2].  You might like to try this package on top of stable which
might or might not work.  The alternative is to backport the package
which is maintained in Git[3].

Hope this helps - do not hesitate to ask for more clarification if needed

       Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB
[2] http://packages.debian.org/jessie/cgi-mapserver
[3] git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-grass/mapserver.git

--
http://fam-tille.de