MapServer 6.2 / 6.4 installation on Debian 7

Hi,

on a Debian server (https://tango.info) I would like to replace Google
Maps with OSM and MapServer.

MapQuest Open, does not support https, and since I don't want warn
symbols to appear in users' browser, this easy option is ruled out. I
was also warned about the state of Mapnik, so that's why I would like
to try MapServer.

The Debian 7 package is at version 6.0
http://packages.debian.org/source/wheezy/mapserver

Upcoming stable has 6.4
http://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/mapserver

On the MapServer site the 6.2 announcement
http://mapserver.org/development/announce/6-2.html#announce-6-2
mentions some features that seem to be good for labeling, and it also mentions

"This is the first joint release between MapServer 6.2, TinyOWS 1.1,
and MapCache 1.0"

So 6.2 would be the minimum I would like to try.

The 6.2 announce has this listing:
======================================
Binary distributions will be available in the coming days:

MS4W users will soon be able to upgrade to this MapServer 6.2.0
release: http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/

Ubuntu binaries for lucid, precise and quantal are also built and
available in the unstable PPA of UbuntuGIS. See details and
instructions at: http://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/

RHEL and CentOS 5.6 TODO

OpenSUSE rpm binaries are available from Open Build Service
(Application:Geo) official repository. There is also a One-Click
Installer.
======================================

No Debian.

DebianGIS seems not to be active if one looks at the wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis/StateOfTheMap

Last change in 2010.

The last MapServer related email that I found on the debian-gis list is
http://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2013/06/msg00002.html

Is there more information for Debian 7 users that like to install
MapServer 6.2 or 6.4?

A package available, or a plan for a package?

Kind regards
Tobias

--
Tobias Conradi