[SoB] Re: Osmctools, [ITP,RFS and more]

Hi Pierre,

thanks for your work on osmctools and sorry for my late reply - I'm just
back from vacation.

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 02:01:26PM +0200, Blanc Pierre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking some help for my osmctools package :)
>
> It is uploaded here:
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/osmctools
>
> The Git repository:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-grass/osmctools.git;a=summary

I've checked this and noticed you did some changes in a new changelog
entry.  This would lead to the consequence that the ITP bug you try to
close in 0.1-1 will not be closed because only the last changelog
paragraph is regarded.  I'd also suggest to simply drop the whole 0.1-2
paragraph because osmctools 0.1-1 never has hit the Debian mirror (or
did I missed anything).  Please just update the time stamp of 0.1-1.

> RFS:
>
> ITP:
>
> And the package is here:
> http://blends.alioth.debian.org/gis/tasks/osm

Great.  Could you please add an according entry to

   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB

I would like to have a record for the sponsored packages to have some
sign that the SoB effort is useful.

> For history, I discovered osmconvert on this page
> On first, I wanted to build osmconvert, but when i contacted the
> upstream developer, he told me about his tools, osmfilter and
> osmupdate.
> So I decided to create a package for all binaries.

In principle this is OK but we somehow need some versioning and if
anyhow possible a watch file to spot new versions.  This might be hard
in this case (I have not checked upstream).  Perhaps it might even be
possible to convince upstream to create some common versioned tarball?

In any case you need to create a get-orig-source target in debian/rules
that would enable anybody to reproduce the source tarball.

BTW, please remove the dh-make boilerplate form the debian/rules file
which claims that it is a "Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper." You
rules file is no example but rather a rules file creating a specific
package.  The whole comment is just not true.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de