Re: My actions after the IRC meeting (Was: Reminder and Agenta for IRC meeting)

On 18/09/2013 00:28, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I worked a bit on osm2pgsql
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 07:24:23PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>
>> 4. Update osm2pgsql
>> -------------------
>>
>> "apmon" (whoever this nick might belong to) asked about an upgrade of
>> osm2pgsql.  I had a look into this and might at least push the package a
>> bit.  No promise that I'll finish it before my VAC (starting at 20.9.).
>

> It would be great if somebody would check out
>
>    git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-grass/osm2pgsql.git
>
> and confirm that the package is OK.  I just upgraded the packaging as is
> but have no idea how to test the package.  If I get confirmation that the
> package is OK, I could upload to unstable.

Some minor comments :

 * please document in changelog the switch to dh9, and why (is it for
   a simpler hardening config, for multiarch ?)
 * LastChanged isn't a DEP3 field. Last-Update and Author are.
 * the fact the source has some files stripped out of it should be
   documented in the Source multiline field of debian/copyright,
   for ease of maintenance.
 * i propose to watch github like that:
   version=3
   opts=filenamemangle=s/.+\/v?(\d\S*)\.tar\.gz/osm2pgsql-$1.tar.gz/ \
   https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/releases .*/v?(\d\S*)\.tar\.gz
* and get-orig-source from github using uscan, see for example
  http://sources.debian.net/src/mapnik-vector-tile/0.3.2%2Bdfsg-1/debian/rules

I can do the changes myself and push them, or part of them, if you agree.

Regards,
Jérémy.