Re: dfsg-free global digital elevation model (GDEM)?

karme@berlios.de writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a DFSG-free [0] global digital elevation model (GDEM)
> which I ultimately want to package for debian.
>
> is the SRTM [1] data DFSG-free?

think so:
http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/srtm/mou.html

of course coverage is not the complete globe and the voids must be
filled (maybe using some scripts+grass r.fillnulls is good enough as
starting point)

rest of the world could be filled using GLOBE G.O.O.D. data if my
understanding is correct (not quite sure with australia):
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/topo/report/s3/s3B.html

sounds like a plan

greetings,
karme