Re: Please check status of Debian GIS tasks

Hi Paolo,

[I take the freedom to answer in public because I do not see any private
content]

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 08:24:07AM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> On 16/07/2012 09:42, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > If you notice that any package is missing from this list please either
> > add it directly in SVN[2] or drop me a note.
> >
> thanks Andreas. Quantum GIS should be tagged as "Newer upstream".
> all the best.

Thanks for checking.  However, the taging is by far not done manually but
rather trusts the information stored in UDD[1].  There might be two reasons
for the fact that the "Newer upstream" is not detected:

  1. Recently the propagation of DEHS information to UDD was broken
  2. The watch file might be wrong and does not detect the new version

It would be a good idea if the maintainer of qgis would check the watch
file to exclude 2. - there are people just working on 1. as far as I
know.  On the other hand I can confirm that this tagging does not at all
influence the Wheezy release because the version which will go to Wheezy
is frozen anyway and the main important point is that it is mentioned in
the tasks file at all to make it into the metapackages.

Any other comments?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UltimateDebianDatabase