Re: opencpn_2.5.0+dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 03:11:53AM -0700, Hamish wrote:
> So AFAIK the OpenCPN packaging in DebianGIS svn (+ dfsg tarball
> in DebianGIS alioth web space) is ready now, but for the new
> lintian wanting hardening to be enabled by default and issuing a
> couple warnings that it isn't turned on. I've patched it to
> switch that on, but without lots of testing & feedback from
> upstream I would not like to upload that new change just yet. Do
> you think the ftpmasters would mind if we delayed switching that
> on for a few weeks & issue a -2 pkg version with a minimal patch
> to do that sometime later?  I am concerned that after a year+ in
> developing this package we are about to miss the freeze deadline.

Better uploading soon. There's always the possibility to try patching
properly and convince ftpmasters, or retire the package insteadi if
too bad. Don't forget that you checked your package only on conventional
archs, if it causes major FTBSes it is better knowing it soon than later.

It would be much more complicated in case of a delayed upload: in a few
the NEW processing will almost stop, so there will be very few hopes
to have it in time.